(image via)Everything is so pretty this time of year, all lit up and festive. But capturing your decked out tree or home can be a challenge! Here are a few tips to help you get some great shots.
- Try and shoot around dusk, when it's not completely dark yet, so you can still have some good contrast between the subject and the sky.
- Grab your tripod! Lights will inevitably blur if you try to steady the camera with your hands alone.
- Try some shots on an auto setting for night or low light. If those don't turn out great, turn the ISO way down (200 or 100), turn your flash off, and set the aperature to f5.6 or f8. Play around with the shutter speed until you get the right shot.
- Use a tripod
- Don't use a flash unless you are shooting people in front of the tree (even then, you don't have to)
- Slow down the shutter speed just a tad to let the camera soak in the ambient light from the tree
(image via)Happy shooting!